WHAT PEAU CAN DO FOR YOUR ACNE
The acneic condition needs to be evaluated by the dermatologist, who will then recommend an individualized regime involving a treatment or combination of treatments.
Cosmetic Treatments for Acne
Photodymanic Therapy (PDT) for Acne
PDT is a non-invasive treatment combining light and a special light activated solution.
- The procedure involves applying the light activated solution to the area to be treated.
- The solution causes the skin to become more receptive to the light therapy.
- A specific wavelength light is used to activate the solution.
- Targeted cells are destroyed as well as acne activity.
Patients will experience:
- Increased smoothness and textural improvement
- Pore minimization
- Reduction in size and activity of sebaceous glands (reduces skin oiliness)
- Reduction of bacteria in the hair follicles
This revolutionary, state-of-the-art pulsed dye laser works by producing a bright beam of light whose actions are two-fold: 1) it has an anti-inflammatory action on acne lesions, 2) it inactivates or kills the acne forming bacteria
- Another benefit of this therapy is that it treats the facial redness and red scars that can accompany acne vulgaris.
- The beam of light targets the red pigmented areas without damaging the tissue surrounding them.
- The cooling device enhances patient comfort and patient safety by reducing the risk of pigmentary changes, blistering and purpura.