WHAT PEAU CAN DO FOR DECREASED COLLAGEN
Erbium Skin Resurfacing (10-14 days’ recovery)
PEAU’s state-of-the-art laser skin resurfacing technology is the industry Gold Standard. The procedure is a very precise, controlled, dermatologist administered treatment where thin sections of skin are removed, layer by layer, which is replaced by younger skin growth.
By removing the outer layers of skin to the level of the papillary dermis “reepithelialization” is induced as is new collagen formation, which creates a smoother, pinker, and more youthful appearance.
- The physician uses a controlled beam of energy allowing for exact penetration of depth into the dermis in order to vaporize the damaged cells.
- wrinkles will soften, become less noticeable and some may disappear.
- Patients’ treatments are tailored to match the skin condition and to meet desired results.
Dermal Fillers (little-to-no recovery)
An aging face results in a loss of /decrease in collagen, loss of fat (predominantly in the mid-face), and loss of bone in the face resulting in the appearance of wrinkles, creases, folds, a loss of elasticity and sunken skin.
Cosmetic enhancement using a dermal filler is a non-surgical approach to facial rejuvenation that specifically targets wrinkles, creases and folds that are a result of a loss of/decrease in collagen.
The filler is injected just beneath the skin’s surface to create volume and a softer looking face; facial contours become smoother thus giving a more youthful look.
- Worry lines – smoothed away
- Frown lines – running between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) reduced
- Crow’s feet – at the corner of the eyes (periorbital lines) minimised
- Smoker’s lines – the vertical lines on the mouth (perioral lines) disappear
- Bags under the eyes – diminished
- Corners of the mouth – lifted for a friendly, smiley look – ideal if your natural expression is a down turned mouth
- Deep smile lines – running from the side of the nose to corners of the mouth (nasolabial furrows) minimised
- Cheekbones – can be enhanced
- Sagging jowls and double chin – smoothed away
- Eyebrows – evened out
- Marionette lines – at the corner of the mouth (oral commissures) minimised
- Lips – enhanced, evened out, corrected
Thermage® CPT Face procedure (no recovery)
As you age, collagen fibers in the layers of your skin stretch and lose their elasticity, causing skin to sag. Your body also loses its ability to produce new collagen.
The Thermage ® CPT FACE procedure helps you regain a firmer, smoother, younger-looking face, in just one treatment, by heating the skin and tightening the collagen fibers. The heat stimulates new collagen growth as well, making your skin feel thicker and smoother over time.
Skin Care Regime
A skin care regime will be recommended by the dermatologist (most likely as part of a comprehensive skincare protocol in combination with other treatments) depending on the areas affected by the loss of/decrease in collagen.