WHAT PEAU CAN DO FOR SCARS
ProFractional ™ for Scars
The ProFractional ™ resurfacing technology has revolutionized treatment for acne-scarred skin. This great advancement allows for just a few days’ healing time and produces excellent results.
The fractional laser technique creates tiny channels reaching depths appropriate for correcting acne scars.
The treated areas stimulate the production of collagen, plumping up the skin and smoothing the scars and irregularities in the skin.
- The fractional laser technique is designed to target specific portions of damaged tissue.
- By creating microscopic “wounds” within the targeted areas, the treatment triggers the body’s natural healing process accelerating the production of collagen and new, healthy skin cells.
- The fractional laser resurfacing technology leaves the surrounding tissue unaffected and intact allowing your skin to heal much faster than if the entire skin surface were treated at once.
Pulsed Dye Laser: VBEAM Perfecta for Scars
PEAU’s revolutionary pulsed dye laser, the gold standard for this type of laser, has a well-documented history and has been clinically proven to safely and effectively correct a wide range of vascular and pigmented lesions including scars; especially red raised scars which are often caused by surgery, trauma, or burns (hypertropic scars and keloids).
- The state-of-the-art pulsed dye laser works by producing a bright beam of light which is selectively absorbed by the blood vessels in the form of energy and heat.
- The laser has the ability to target the blood vessels in the vascular lesion or pigmented area without damaging the tissue surrounding them.
- The body then reabsorbs the treated blood vessels during its natural healing process.
- The cooling device attached to the tip of the laser delivers a spray of cool air prior to the laser pulse which enhances patient comfort.
- It also enhances patient safety by reducing the risk of pigmentary changes, blistering and purpura.