There are a few major causes of skin pigmentation (i.e., scars, birthmarks, sun spots, sun-damaged skin, etc.) which could be effectively treated with laser or light-based treatments (photorejuvenation). A consultation with Dr. Khanna allows for proper diagnosis and treatment protocols.
WHAT PEAU CAN DO FOR SKIN PIGMENTATION
IPL (Photorejuvenation) for Skin Pigmentation
IPL also known as photorejuvenation, is an innovative, non-invasive rejuvenation technique which involves high intensity pulsations of light (not lasers) passing through the skin. It is non-ablative; meaning no skin is removed.
IPL is very effective in targeting skin pigmentation without damaging surrounding tissue, so that the pigment slowly fades and eventually disappears.
- This breakthrough treatment results in the high-energy light source”damaging” the blood vessels, causing them to get blocked off by a process called selective photothermolysis.
- The treatment also results in an exfoliation of damaged skin coupled with the stimulation of collagen production on the skin’s surface.
- Benefits include the smoothing of fine lines and wrinkles, a smoother, more refined complexion, improved texture and a reduction in pore size.
- The treatment can be used effectively on the face, neck, chest and hands.
- It does not contain harmful UV light and is a very safe, effective and established treatment for a number of benign skin conditions.
- The “no-downtime” feature is greatly appreciated by clients/patients.
Pulsed Dye Laser: VBEAM Perfecta for Skin Pigmentation
PEAU’s revolutionary pulsed dye laser, the gold standard for this type of laser, has a well-documented history and has been clinically proven to safely and effectively correct a wide range of vascular and pigmented lesions.
- The state-of-the-art pulsed dye laser works by producing a bright beam of light which is selectively absorbed by the blood vessels in the form of energy and heat.
- The laser has the ability to target the blood vessels in the vascular lesion or pigmented area without damaging the tissue surrounding them.
- The body then reabsorbs the treated blood vessels during its natural healing process.
- The cooling device attached to the tip of the laser delivers a spray of cool air prior to the laser pulse which enhances patient comfort.
- It also enhances patient safety by reducing the risk of pigmentary changes, blistering and purpura.