Wrinkles and Fine Lines
WHAT PEAU CAN DO FOR YOUR WRINKLES AND FINE LINES
Laser Resufacing for Wrinkles and Fine Lines
Profractional ™ Laser
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) for Fine Wrinkles (Rhytids)
BOTOX ® Cosmetic (Botulinum Toxin type A)
Dermal Fillers for Wrinkles and Fine Lines
PEAU’s state-of-the-art laser skin resurfacing technology is the industry Gold Standard. The procedure is a very precise, controlled, dermatologist administered treatment where thin sections of skin are removed, layer by layer, which is replaced by younger skin growth.
- The physician uses a controlled beam of energy allowing for exact penetration of depth into the dermis in order to vaporize the damaged cells.
- Wrinkles will soften, become less noticeable and some may disappear.
- Patients’ treatments are tailored to match the skin condition and to meet desired results.
- Resurfacing your skin is an excellent rejuvenation treatment for fine to moderate wrinkles.
The ProFractional ™ resurfacing technology has revolutionized treatment for wrinkles and fine lines. This great advancement allows for just a few days’ healing time and produces excellent results.
The fractional laser technique creates tiny channels in the skin that are surrounded by areas of healthy, untreated skin. The treated areas stimulate the production of collagen, plumping up the skin and smoothing out wrinkles.
- The fractional laser technique is designed to target specific areas that require treatment
- By creating microscopic “wounds” within the targeted areas, the treatment triggers the body’s natural healing process accelerating the production of collagen and new, healthy skin cells.
This technology leaves the surrounding tissue unaffected and intact allowing your skin to heal much faster than if the entire skin surface were treated at once.
Click here for more information about ProFractional ™.
IPL, also known as photorejuvenation, is an innovative, non-invasive rejuvenation technique which involves high intensity pulsations of light (not lasers) passing through the skin. It is non-ablative; meaning no skin is removed.
- This breakthrough treatment results in an exfoliation of damaged skin coupled with the stimulation of collagen production on the skin’s surface.
- Benefits include the smoothing of fine lines and wrinkles, a smoother, more refined complexion, improved texture and a reduction in pore size
- The treatment can be used effectively on the face, neck, chest and hands
- It does not contain harmful UV light and is a very safe, effective and established treatment for a number of benign skin conditions.
- The “no-downtime” feature is greatly appreciated by clients/patients.
Botox (botulinum toxin type A), is the only form of Botulinum Toxin approved in Canada. It is a safe medicament, which must be physician administered as a precise understanding of anatomy is crucial to the treatment’s success.
- It has to be injected, it does not penetrate the skin
- This non-surgical procedure temporarily smooths moderate to severe wrinkles by reducing the activity of muscles that cause the lines
- BOTOX ® Cosmetic is a technique-sensitive procedure; a well-trained, experienced cosmetic physician is essential for optimal results
- Results are noticeable within 4-5 days
- Results achieved generally lasts 4-6 months although treated people have noticed longer lasting results
Most commonly treated areas:
- Frown lines between the eyebrows
- Horizontal lines running across the forehead (photo)
- “Crow’s feet” around the outer eyes (photo)
Hyaluronic Acid is a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps to add volume and hydration. An aging face results in a loss of /decrease in collagen, loss of fat (predominantly in the mid-face), and loss of bone in the face resulting in the appearance of wrinkles, creases, folds, a loss of elasticity and sunken skin.
Cosmetic enhancement using a dermal filler is a non-surgical approach to facial rejuvenation that specifically targets wrinkles, creases and folds that are a result of sunken skin and loss in elasticity.
The success of this facial enhancement procedure depends on the injection technique, which varies with each type of filler, as it is both an art and a science. The physician must have a thorough understanding of HA fillers’ capabilities and limitations.
HA dermal fillers have revolutionized cosmetic enhancement as these minimally invasive rejuvenation procedures require very little downtime and cause very little discomfort.
The HA filler is injected just beneath the skin’s surface to create volume and a softer looking face; facial contours become smoother thus giving a more youthful look.
- Worry lines: smoothed away.
- Frown lines: running between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) reduced.
- Crow’s feet: at the corner of the eyes (periorbital lines) minimised.
- Smoker’s lines: the vertical lines on the mouth (perioral lines) disappear.
- Bags under the eyes: diminished.
- Corners of the mouth: lifted for a friendly, smiley look – ideal if your natural expression is a down turned mouth.
- Deep smile lines: running from the side of the nose to corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds) minimised.
- Cheekbones: can be enhanced.
- Sagging jowls and double chins: smoothed away.
- Eyebrows: can be evened out or the shape changed.
- Marionette lines: at the corner of the mouth (oral commissures) minimised.
Skin Care Regime
The huge market for these products coupled with untrustworthy advertising makes choosing a skin care product confusing and sometimes risky.
Choosing the right skin care products to improve skin texture, reverse signs of aging, maintain a youthful look or prevent wrinkles is best done during a consultation with the specialist dermatologist. It is essential to take factors such as allergies to medications, interactions of drugs and medical history into consideration. A skin care regime should be looked upon as a long-term commitment made by the individual and not a single treatment or therapy.
PROTECT. First and foremost you must protect yourself from the invisible yet intense rays of the sun. This is firstly and more importantly a health benefit (as you help to protect yourself against noncancerous and cancerous skin tumours) and secondly an aesthetic benefit as it helps to prevent visible damage to the skin.
CHOOSE. Choose a broad spectrum sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) greater than 15 and pay attention to how often it needs to be re-applied if you are exposed to the sun for long periods of time. Be diligent about covering exposed areas.
MOISTURIZE. Moisturize your skin. The best product for you will depend on your skin type, your age, and other conditions you may have. Choosing a moisturizer with a SPF factor of at least 15 will help protect you from the ultraviolet rays of the sun.
DON’T SMOKE. Smoking accelerates the signs of aging by damaging elastic fibers and collagen in the skin (not to mention the health risk one takes when smoking). In addition, the facial expressions one makes when smoking may contribute to an increased appearance of wrinkles.