BOTOX Cosmetic® Montreal
Montreal Dermatologist, Dr. Manish Khanna is an expert in BOTOX® Cosmetic injections. BOTOX® Cosmetic has become the most popular physician-administered cosmetic treatment in North America.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a medicament which has to be injected as it does not penetrate the skin and it is a highly technique-sensitive procedure. Only well-trained, experienced cosmetic physicians should be trusted and sought out by those interested in having an injectable BOTOX ® Cosmetic treatment.
BOTOX ® Cosmetic is mostly known as a “wrinkle” treatment but it has been in use for more than 18 years for a range of medical conditions. It has been approved for medical use in Canada, as well as in 75 other countries, for 20 different applications.
How does BOTOX ® Cosmetic work?
- It is directed at the facial muscles that cause lines and wrinkles.
- It targets dynamic wrinkles caused by repeated muscular contractions such as frowning and squinting.
- It works by relaxing the muscles causing the dynamic wrinkles
- Continued use of this treatment softens expression lines which helps to “stop the clock” as far as the development of lines is concerned or even “turn back the hands of time” as far as further deepening of lines.
- Results are noticeable within 4-5 days
- Results generally lasts 4-6 months although treated people have noticed longer lasting results
- The treatment is quick and involves no downtime.
Where can BOTOX Cosmetic be used to treat lines and wrinkles?
The most commonly treated areas:
- Frown lines – between the eyebrows
- Forehead lines – run horizontally across forehead
- “Crow’s feet” – around the outer eyes
Benefits of the treatment
- You will have a more relaxed and refreshed appearance
- Lends a more youthful look
- The treatment helps in preventing further deepening of lines
- No recovery time
- Very little discomfort as the needle is tiny
- You won’t be “misread” as being angry or upset!
More Advanced uses of BOTOX Cosmetic
- Under eyes
- Above lips (softer pout)
- Marionette lines (sad corners of the mouth)
- Narrow eyes
- Small eyes
- Gummy smile
- PEAU d’orange