BOTOX’s efficacy lies in its ability to target specific areas on the face. When skillfully administered, Botox can rejuvenate multiple facial areas. However, three key areas have gained the most attention due to their noticeable “anti-aging” results: the forehead, the glabella and the crow’s feet. All of these areas reside in the upper face.
If you are looking into Botox treatments in Montreal and would like to know what Botox treatments can do for your face, here are the top areas, the lines the treatment targets and how they rejuvenate your face.
- The Horizontal Forehead Lines: the treatment results in the smoothing of the subtle or deep forehead lines that appear due to repeated actions such as raising one’s eyebrows.
- The Glabella: The treatment results in the softening of the lines between the eyebrows that appear over due to repeated frowning.
- The Crow’s feet: The treatment results in the reduction of the lines that radiate outward from the outer corner of the eye and appear due to repeated actions such as smiling, laughing or squinting.
Where is the best place on your face for Botox?
There is no “best place” to have Botox injected. The result you desire is to have a natural, refreshed appearance and so the areas to be injected as well as the dosage (how many units) will depend on your desired results. You may have some forehead wrinkles that you only want to soften slightly as your profession requires “conveying expression”. Others may want the smoothest forehead possible. It is a very personal and personalized treatment.
Similarly, you may not need to treat the area known as the crow’s feet if you do not have expression lines in that area. Some people smile more with their cheeks than with their eyes.
Can Botox Make Me Look Younger?
A skillful injector with a profound understanding of the facial anatomy and intricate web of facial muscles can delicately enhance various facial aspects of the mid and lower face resulting in a more youthful and rejuvenated version of YOU:
- Bunny Lines: Bunny lines are horizontal wrinkles on the sides of the nose that appear when the nose is scrunched. Botox can smooth these lines.
- Perioral Lines (Smoker’s Lines): These are vertical lines around the mouth/upper lip, often due to smoking or aging. Botox can reduce their prominence, smoothing the skin in the lip area. Side note so you can prepare: this may be the most painful place to get Botox, but you can have a topical numbing cream applied and it only takes a few seconds to treat this area!
- Mentalis (Chin) Area: An overactive mentalis muscle can result in a dimpled chin. Botox can relax this muscle, leading to a smoother chin surface.
- Masseter Muscle (Jawline slimming): A prominent masseter muscle can create a squared jawline. Botox injections can contour this area by softening the jawline.
- Platysmal Bands (Neck): These are vertical bands on the neck, becoming more visible with age due to the platysma muscle. Botox can alleviate their appearance, enhancing a smoother neck.
- Marionette Lines: Marionette lines extend from the corners of the mouth downwards towards the chin, giving a sad expression. Botox can lift the mouth corners, reducing these lines.
- Under-eye Lines: Fine wrinkles and lines can form under the eyes from aging and other factors. Botox can smooth these lines, rejuvenating the under-eye area.
- Eyebrow Lift: Eyebrows can droop over time due to aging. Strategic Botox injections can offer a subtle eyebrow lift, enhancing facial youthfulness.
- Gummy Smile: when a large gum portion above the upper teeth is exposed when smiling, Botox can moderate the rise of the upper lip to reduce gum visibility.
- Nasal Flare: Some people experience notable nostril flare when expressing. Botox can temper this flare for a refined nasal look.
- The depressor anguli oris: this muscle pulls down the mouth’s corners, causing a downturned mouth. Botox can relax this muscle, lifting the mouth’s corners and creating a more cheerful appearance. Some refer to this as a “Botox smile lift.”
- Lip Flip: A Botox lip flip with Botox slightly lifts the upper lip, making it appear fuller without adding volume. Unlike lip fillers, which increase lip size, the lip flip enhances the lip’s appearance by relaxing muscles around the mouth.
Can Botox get Rid of Smile Lines?
Your smile lines, also known as nasolabial folds, are the lines/creases in your skin that extend from the sides of your nose to the corners of your mouth. These lines can become more pronounced over time due to repeated actions such as smiling and laughing. Diminished skin elasticity causes these lines to become visible when the face is relaxed (no expression).
Patients often ask about Botox for smile lines yet the recommended treatment is typically dermal fillers. An expert will be able to evaluate what the best approach to softening the smile lines is by assessing the patients global facial aesthetics. A line after all is just a symptom. Are the smile lines more apparent because the patient has lost volume in the cheek? In that case, fuller cheeks would reduce the appearance of the smile lines.
You can test this for yourself. Lift your cheek ever so slightly with your fingers and you will see the line soften or even disappear.
Finding an Expert for the Best Recommendations
The effectiveness of having Botox treatments relies on the expertise of the injector. A true artist in this field possesses a comprehensive anatomical knowledge, enabling personalized treatments that align with your unique facial features. When asking yourself “can Botox make me look younger?” Remember, it is not how many areas you treat, rather who is behind the needle that is most important.
Call 514-989-7328 to schedule a consultation with top cosmetic dermatologist Manish Khanna, MD FRCPC.